Biodiesel is the name for the methanol-ester-based fuel made from vegetable oils and animal fats. It is a high-quality, clean burning, renewable fuel that is a direct replacement for petroleum based diesel. Up until 2006, biodiesel could be used in any diesel motor. From 2006 till today, it still can be used in any diesel motor, but mixed in proportions of 20% and 5% with diesel derived from petroleum.
Some key advantages of Biodiesel are:
- Any equipment using biodiesel reduces 75% of toxic emissions and greenhouse gases. (NOx and Co2)
- Biodiesel is the only alternative fuel that runs in any conventional, unmodified diesel engine.
- The use of biodiesel can extend the life of diesel engines because it is more lubricating than conventional petroleum diesel fuel, while fuel consumption, auto ignition, power output, and engine torque are relatively unaffected.
- Biodiesel is safe to handle and transport because:
- It’s as biodegradable as sugar
- It’s 10 times less toxic than table salt
- Has a high flash point of about 392°F compared to petroleum diesel at 158 F.
- Pure biodiesel degrades 85% to 88% in water within 28 days.
- Biodiesel is a proven fuel with over 50 years of use in Europe and 30 million successful US road miles.
- Combustion of biodiesel provides over a 75-90% reduction in environmental pollution and a 90% reduction in associated cancer risks.
- Biodiesel is the only alternative fuel to meet all environmental and human health requirements from the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- U.S. uses over 2.1 billion gallons of biodiesel per year.
Customers of Organic Fuel are provided with an economical and sustainable solution to waste handling and environment pollution. Benefits to the customer include:
- Cost savings
- Meet regulations from Local, State and Federal Laws
- Meet environmental sustainability objectives
- Reduce greenhouse gases
- Reliable service
- Product with full Compliance with Local, State and Federal Regulations
- Mitigate disposal liability
- Product Quality Assurance controls (ASTM-D6751)